Welcome to Citizens Bank
In 1905, the Ford Model F car was produced, Albert Einstein’s theory of relativity was born, Theodore Roosevelt was inaugurated as the 26th president, and in the small town of Hartsville, Tennessee a group of men met in the Christian Church to organize Citizens Bank. During this meeting, an election was held to appoint a bank president and directors. The first president of Citizens Bank was Dr. P.W. Hager, and he, along with future presidents, would solidify the foundation for what Citizens Bank still stands for today.
Some notable moments in our history:
- The first stockholders meeting for Citizens Bank, TN was held on September 2, 1905. The incorporators of the Bank were named as the first Board of Directors.
- The first officers of Citizens Bank had a maximum loan authority of $300.
- No surplus was declared until 1916 when $2,528.00 was taken from interest and added as surplus.
- The first record of any correspondent banking was noted in 1916.
- The first time the Bank borrowed any money was in 1925. The amount of the borrowing was $9,000 which was paid back in 1926.
- The Bank closed on December 14, 1926 due to high water.
- Weather again forced the closing of the Bank on February 7, 1929 due to 18 inches of snow.
Where We Are Today
Since the beginning, Citizens Bank has been a customer focused corporation. We pride ourselves in hometown values and strive to find the best solutions for each customer we encounter. Our customers are not reduced to mere transactions. Our intentions are to know our customers on a first name basis.
In addition, we provide an array of convenient banking products. Among these are our Kasasa and other checking and savings accounts, online banking, mobile banking, competitive CD rates, and competitive loan rates. We work to stay up-to-date on the latest banking products for business and personal needs. Our loan officers aim to please and work hard to provide our customers with solutions they desire.
We use our community outreach to support local businesses and charities. Yearly, we make donations and provide sponsorships to foundations in Trousdale, Sumner, and surrounding counties.
Our community bank continues to grow with an establishment rooted where we started and committed to our customers and values. We have expanded our footprint outside of Hartsville to include full service branches in Gallatin and Hendersonville, TN.
We enjoy meeting new customers and fulfilling their banking needs while serving them with a smile. Come in to one of our offices and see us today!
We're proud to have received a 5-Star Bauer Financial Rating!